Thursday, November 10, 2011

SEO - I'm doing the happy dance

When I first started it back in August with a bit of work I had most of my plus size sweater coats showing up on the first two pages of google. Once all of the major department stores started their fall and winter advertising I was bumped back but a few could still be found on the first 3 pages. Then I made one change to my shop-level SEO in both shops and all but one of my sweaters disappeared. I started to panic and then realized that my shop itself was now on page 1 when I searched on "plus size designer sweaters" "plus size handmade designer sweaters", "plus size sweater coats", "plus size handmade sweaters", "handmade designer sweaters" and my Zibbet and FB fan page are all over the first few pages too. On a straight "plus size sweaters" I don't turn up until page 4 but that's not bad considering that there are huge numbers of them out there and it's a very general search. I have to keep pinching myself to believe that my shop name is all over the place right before the start of the holiday shopping season. Buying Mary's guide was the best thing that I've done for my shop so far.

Please come see my handmade designer plus size sweaters, sweater coats, capes and shrugs at MirabilisFashions.com

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome Karen!! I did have the black and white coat on the first page for a short time, but I can't find it now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing it there on page one a while ago. Mine were all on the first page or 2 back in August but it didn't occur to me at the time that it was because regular stores don't advertise them until Fall.

    I've gotten 4 direct hits each on 4 of my most expensive sweaters every day for the last week and all of the sweaters are different sizes. It's driving me nuts - I wish that one of them would buy it already and quit looking at it every day and getting my hopes up. I guess it's nice to know that they liked it enough to bookmark it though.

    ReplyDelete